Shrikhand is a traditional dessert from Maharashtra state of India. Gujarati peoples living in Karachi are fond of their traditional sweet dish.
- Yoghurt (full cream) 1 kg
- Icing sugar 200 gm (1 cup)
- Pistachio chopped 1 tablespoon
- Saffron few threads
- Cardamom green seed's powder 1/6 teaspoon
- Malmal cloth for hanging
- Put yoghurt in malmal and hang for 6-8 hours in a cool and dry place.
- Retain solid and destroy liquid.
- Take the solid mass in a bowl, whisk well.
- Add icing sugar, cardamom green seed's powder and pistachio.
- Put saffron thread in 1 teaspoon of hot milk or water and mix to the above mixture.
- Delicious Shrikhand is ready. Refrigerate then serve.
- Fresh mango pulp or strawberry pulp can be replaced with saffron for another version of Shrikhand.