Dal Chana Tarka / Dal Chana Fry is one of the most consumed Dal in Pakistan. It is a very tasty vegetarian dish.
- Dal Chana 250 g ( 1 Pao)
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 2
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies whole 1-2 for tarka Dal/ chopped 1-2 for fry dal
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper whole 10
- Cloves whole 4
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed whole 1 teaspoon
- Soak chana dal for 3-4 hours, wash and drain.
- Boil Chana dal in enough water, drain and keep aside.
- Now fry onion in oil till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and spices except garam masala. Fry for 5-6 minutes, then add dall and 2 glass water.
- Continue to cook on medium flame for 20-30 minutes.
- Adjust consistency of gravy.
- Sprinkle garam masala and fresh coriander leaves and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Dal is ready for Tarka or fry.
- Oil 2 table spoon
- Garlic chopped 2 cloves
- Fry garlic in oil till golden, then pour over the prepared dal
- Delicious Tarka Dal is ready.
- Serve with roti/boiled rice , pickle and onion chopped.
- Oil 1/2 tablespoon
- Prepared Dal as required
- Red Chillies whole 2-3
- Green Chillies chopped 2
- Onion chopped 1/2
- Fresh Coriander leaves 2 teaspoon
- Saute onion in oil , add red chillies whole, green chillies and cumin seed whole then add prepared dal 2-3 tablespoon and fry on high flame till most of the water evaporate.
- Delicious Chana Dal Fry is ready.
- Serve with Tandoori Roti, green chillies chopped, shredded onion and pickle.