It is a very simple and staple food of Gujarati community. Delicious too.
- Yoghurt fresh (not sour) beaten 250 g
- Besan (chickpea flour) 2 tablespoon
- Green Chillies freshly crushed 2 teaspoon
- Ginger freshly crshed 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriader leaves chopped for garnish
- Oil 1-2 teaspoon
- Hing 1 pinch
- Black mustard seeds whole 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed 1/2 teaspoon
- Kadhi patta 10
- Red chillies whole 4-5
- In a pan take youghurt, 1 glass water, besan , salt sugar and turmeric .
- Mix/blend well.
- Cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add ginger and green chilli crushed and continue to cook for 10-15 more minutes on medium flame.
- Garnish with chooped fresh coriander leaves.
- Gujarati Kadhi is ready for Tadka.
- Now in a frying pan heat oil, add hing, then mustard.
- When mustard pop add cumin seeds, kadhi patta and red chilli whole.
- Fry for a while then pour over prepared Gujarati Kadhi.
- Delicious Gujarati Kadhi is ready.
- Serve with boiled rice/ Khichdi or phulka roti.