Barfi is a very popular methai. It can easily be prepared at home.
- Milk powder (Nido) 2 cup
- Sugar icing 1 cup
- ButterDesi ghee 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Khoya 1/2 cup (optional)
- Kewra essence few drops
- Chopped pista for garnish
- Silver foils (Chandi ke warq) for decoration
- In a pan, take milk and butter , heat at low flame.
- Then add khoya and cook for few minutes.
- Then add milk powder, stir vigorously on low flame.
- At last add sugar and mix well.
- Cook to a thick paste on low flame.
- Add kewra essence , mix and remove from flame.
- Set in a pre-lubricated deep pan.
- Sprinkle pistachio. Keep in a cool place to set and cool.
- Cut into pieces and apply chandi ke warq.
- Delicious Barfi is ready.