Rajma is a very famous Punjab, North Indian Red Kidney Beans Curry. It is a vegetarian dish full of vegetable protein and carbohydrates.
- Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) 250 g
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 2
- Tomatoes chopped 3
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies chopped 2
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1-2 teaspoon
- Haldi 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Thoroughly wash and soak rajma in a covered pan for 6-7 hours in enough water. Keep aside retain boiling water.
- Fry onion in oil till golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic , tomatoes and spices except garam masala. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add soaked rajma and retained boiling water and cook on medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Adjust gravy according to your need.
- Sprinkle garam masala and fresh coriander leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Delicious Rajma is ready.
- Serve with boiled rice/roti, Kachumber salad and pickle.