Chawal Ki Pinni is an oldest sweetmeat of wedding in Punjab. Desi Ghee or Butter was used in its preparation and was very popular. Nowaday my mother made this pinni and I asked this recipe is my mother own.
|Rice Flour Pinni|
- Rice 2 cup
- Icing sugar 1 cup
- Butter/Desi ghee/Margarin 50g
- Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Kishmish (raisins) 1/2 tablespoon
- Almond chopped 1/2 tablespoon
- Thoroughly wash the rice , then soak for 1/2 hour.
- Drain and dry in sunlight, on in a large pan kept oo tawa (Iron skillet) on medium flame with constant stirring. Cool, when drying on flame.
- Grind the dried rice, then mix with sugar, cardamom powder, kishmish, almond and butter.
- Mix and rub again and again with hand in a large thaal (platter).
- Now made 2 inch round ball from this mixture.
- Delicious Chawal Ki Pinnis are ready.
- Serve as you wish.
Note: a little hot/warm milk can be added as a binder if facing problem with round ball making.