This is the most famous and mouth watering rice dish. Delicious and Tasty , served on weddings and valima dinners. After Eid ul Fitr wedding season will start, you can also cook this dish on Eid days at your home.
- Chicken -1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- Rice 1/2 kg
- Oil 1 cup
- Yoghurt 1 cup
- Onion chopped 3
- Tomatoes chopped 3
- Ginger paste 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Fresh Mint leaves 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies 3-4
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds whole 2 teaspoon
- Cloves whole 10
- Cardamom green 8
- Cardamom brown 4
- Cinnamon sticks 3
- Star anise 2
- Black pepper whole 1 teaspoon
- Mace 1/2 flower
- Bay leaves 2
- Food Colour 1 pinch
- Kewra water 2 tablespoon
- Thoroughly wash and soak rice in water for 1/2 hour.
- Take 6 glass water in a pan, add 2 teaspoon salt, then add soaked rice.
- Boil rice till neat to cook.
- Drain water and keep aside the boiled rice.
- Fry chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Now in another pan fry onion till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and yoghurt, fried chicken pieces and powder and whole spices. Fry for 5-7 minutes on mildly high flame.
- Continue to cook on medium flame till chicken is done and a thick gravy is obtained.
- Chicken gravy is read.
- At last arrange alternate layers of rice and prepared chicken gravy. Rice layer at bottom and at top.
- On top rice layer pour food colour dissolved in little water on one side.
- Sprinkle kewra water, green chillies, mint and coriander leaves.
- Close the lid tightly and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Delicious Degi Biryani is ready.
- Serve with Mint Raita and Fruit Trifle.