Chinese Chicken Chow Mein is a very tasty noodles dish of Chinese origin. It is popular world wide. I and my family liked it very much.
Ingredients for Boiled Noodles:
|Chinese Chow Mein|
- Noodles 250g
- Water 2-3 litre
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Oil 4 teaspoon
Ingredients For Chicken Stir Fry:
- Chicken stripped 1/2 kg
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped in strips 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Chinese Salt 2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoon
- Sesame oil, for garnish and flavour 2 teaspoon
- Spring onion chopped into strips 2 large
- Capsicum chopped into strips 2 medium
- Cabbage chopped into strips 1 cup
- Carrot chopped into strips 1 cup
- Chicken Stock (Murgh Yakhni) 1 cup
- Cornflour starch 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce 1 tablespoon
Procedure For Boiled Noodles and Chicken Stock:
- Take 2 litre water in a pan.
- Add salt and 2 teaspoon oil, and bring to boil.
- Add noodles and continue boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain/strain under running tap water using sieve, then place boiled noodles in a pan add 2 teaspoon of oil and mix well. Keep aside.
- Now heat chicken stock in a pan add cornflour, soya sauce and vinegar.
- Add little black pepper and salt if not added earlier in chicken stock.
Procedure For Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables:
- Saute Onion in oil add ginger garlic paste, chicken and spices.
- Cook on medium flame till chicken is tender. Add little if necessary.
- Now add chopped spring onion, carrot, cabbage and capsicum and cook on simmering heat till vegetables are tender.
- Now add boiled noodles, prepared chicken stock and 2 teaspoon of sesame oil and simmer.
- Delicious Chinese Chicken Chow Mein is ready.
- Serve with hot chilli sauce.