Mango Pickle Home Made Style (Ghar Jesa Aam Ka Achar) is a very delicious and tangy pickle loved by all age group. This recipe is for those who can not have time to sun dry chopped mango pieces in sunlight. If you have time and Sunlight at your roof top or in your courtyard then apply salt to mango pieces and put the material in sunlight for 2 days. Then put the material in pickle pot (martaban) add uncooked mustard oil and spices. Keep in dark for 2-3 weeks, shake occasionally after 1-2 days with the help of dry wooden spoon. In commercial production brined mango pieces are used and some preservatives and vinegar is added. My this recipe is without vinegar. If you like vinegar then add 4 table spoon of vinegar.
- Raw Mango (Keri) chopped into 1x1 Inch size 1 kg
- Mustard Oil 1-2 litre
- Salt 2-3 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder 2-3 teaspoon
- Haldi Powder 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Whole 2 teaspoon
- Fennel whole 2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek Seed 2 teaspoon
- Kalaunji 2 teaspoon
- Ajwain 1 teaspoon
- Thoroughly wash and squeeze chopped raw mango pieces.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add raw mango pieces , and cook on medium flame for five minutes, then ten minutes on simmering heat.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add all spices and mix well.
- Store in a pickle pot (Martban) for 1-2 weeks till flavour is developed and spices are soaked well.
- Delicious and Tangy Mango Pickle is ready.
- Serve with Dall, Roti, Sambhar and Rice.