Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bohri Fried Chicken بوہری چکن فرائی

Bohri Fried Chicken  is a very popular and tasty dish of Bohri community of Karachi. Bohri community settled in Saddar, Hyderi and near  Shaheed-e-Millat road. I visited Bohri bazar Saddar with my wife to purchase some items of Bohri community like their distinct cap. We visited Taheri Masjid market of Bohri Community to buy their cap for photography, we were surprized when shopkeepers refused to sell cap to us saying that we are selling these caps to our community only however they sold us other items . I do not stressed to buy cap  and respected their reservations.   This community is a peaceful, religious  and bussiness community of Karachi. My classmate Aftab Hussain Ezzi (Now setteled in Canada) and one of my Boss and Director of  Unilever Brooke Bond Pakistan Ltd Mr. Aziz Karachi wala was belong to this community. I ate Bohri Chicken Fry with my family on the occasion of Aftab Bhai's wedding. I dedicate my this recipe to Aftab Bhai and Razia Bhabhi and their family. I also acknowledge Aftab Bhai's mother (late) love and respect we recived whenever we visted their home near Hyderi. I also acknowledge Mr. Aziz Karachiwala (also setteled in Canada) for his assistance and guidance when I was at Unilever Brooke Bond.




Ingredients:
  • Chicken  8 pieces
  • Oil fry frying
  • Egg  beaten 2
  • Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
  • Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
  • Vinegar 2 tablespoon
  • Maida or Corn starch  2 tablespoon
  • Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
  • Salt to taste
  • White pepper 1/2 teaspoon
  • Chinese salt 1 teaspoon
  • Red Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
  • Garam masala 1 teaspoon
  • Water 1/2 - 1 cup

Procedure:
  • Add all spices and vinegar to maida and mix well, rub and coat on chicken pieces and keep in refrigerator or cool place for 2 hours for marination.
  • Take water in a pan add marinated chicken pieces and cook on simmering heat till tender.
  • Turn off flame and leave to cool.
  • Heat oil in a karahi, roll the chicken pieces in some maida and then dip in beaten egg and fry  till golden in colour.
  • Delicious Bohri Fiedy Chicken  is ready.
  • Serve with Tomato Ketchup.
  • Bohri Community is serving their meals in a large thaal (plateer) and start eating meal with licking salt at first.
  • Bohri  Fried Chicken can be cooked as a whole chicken instead of chicken pieces.