Anda Cholay is a very delicious dish from Punjab. It is a low cost dish but very nutritious and healthy. Protein from Eggs and carbohydrates from Cholay (Garbanzo bean) makes this dish a very healthy dish. Push cart vendors are selling this dish in road side of many industrial units.
- Eggs boiled 6-8
- Baking soda for soaking 2-3 teaspoon.
- Kabuli Chana (Sufaid Cholay)(Garbanzo beans) 250g
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 3
- Tomatoes chopped 3
- Yoghurt 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies 3-4 for chutney
- Fresh Coriander leaves 1 bunch for chutney
- Fresh Mint leaves 1 bunch for chutney
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda for curry 2-3 teaspoon
- Black pepper whole 1/2 teaspoon
- Cloves 4
- Soak Kabuli Chana overnight with 2-3 teaspoon of baking soda in water.
- Wash and drain.
- Boil in enough water. drain and keep aside.
- Now Boil eggs and keep aside.
- Then saute onion in oil, remove and grind.
- In the same oil, re add grinded onion, garlic and ginger paste fry for 1 minute then add tomatoes, spices, and yoghurt.
- Fry for 5-6 minutes then add boiled Kabuli channa, baking soda and fry for 3-5 more minutes.
- Then add 1-2 glass water and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add boiled eggs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Delicious Anda Cholay are ready.
- Prepare chutney by grinding together fresh mint , coriander and green chillies add little salt.
- Serve Anda cholay with prepared chutney and Nan/Roti.