Degi Korma is one of the most popular Korma on weddings and ceremonies because it is cooked in large vessel called deg/daig. It is cooked in a different way than cooked at home in small pots and much more spicy than home made korma. However here we are cooking this korma at home in small pot but the method and spices are same as used for deg.
|Degi Korma / Degi Qorma|
- Chicken , cut into regular size , 1 no.
- Oil 1 cup (For Curry)
- Oil for Frying
- Yoghurt , sour 2 cup
- Onion chopped 3-4
- Ginger paste 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder whole 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper whole 1 teaspoon
- Cloves whole 12-15
- Cardamom green 10-12
- Cardamom brown 4
- Cinnamon stick 3-4
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Kewra water 2 tablespoon
- Fry Chicken pieces in oil for 10 minutes, remove and keep aside.
- Now fry onion in one cup oil till golden brown.
- Remove fried onion from oil, spread on kitchen towel for 20 minutes then grind. Keep aside.
- In the same oil add ginger garlic paste fry for 2 minutes then add all spices and fried chicken , fry for 2-3 minutes then add 1 cup water and continue to cook on medium flame till chicken is tender.
- Now add grinded fried onion and yoghurt and fry for 2 minutes .
- Continue to cook on medium flame till oil is separates out, stir during cooking to avoid sticking to bottom or walls.
- Delicious Degi Korma is ready.
- Serve with Taftan or Naan