Nivik is an Armenian dish. Very simple and popular, tasty and nutritious. It is made with Chickpea (Garbanzo beans) and Spinach. Pure vegetarian dish.
- Chickpea (Garbanzo beans/Kabuli Channa) 250g
- Baking soda 2 teaspoon
- Spinach (Palak) roughly chopped 500g
- Olive oil 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped 2
- Tomato chopped 2
- Garlic chopped 1/4 pod
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoon
- Fresh Mint leaves 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Parsly leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Dill leaves chopped1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper cutter1-2 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Soak Chickpea with baking soda for 4 hours, wash and drain.
- Put all ingredients and soaked chickpeas except spinach in a cooking pan, add 2 glass water.
- Cook on low flame till chickpea are tender.
- Now add chopped spinach and cook on simmering heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Delicious Nivik is ready to serve.
- Serve with bread and pickle.