Murgh Musallam is a very delicious stuffed whole chicken dish. Whole chicken is stuffed with boiled eggs, vegetables , boiled potatoes and nuts. You can not forget its taste , colour and aroma.
|Steamed Murgh Musallam before baking|
|Marinated and stuffed Chicken|
- Whole Chicken skinless large 1
- Eggs boiled 4
- Potatoes small boiled 6
- Peas boiled 1 cup
- Rice 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Onion chopped 2-3
- Fresh Mint leaves 1 bunch
- Fresh Coriander leaves 1/2 bunch
- Oil 1 cup
- Yoghurt 1 cup
- Ginger paste 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder 1teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Chat Masala 1 teaspoon
- Black salt 1 teaspoon
- Almonds 20
- Raisin 2 teaspoon
- Pistachio 20
- Silver foil 1
- Saffron few threads few
- Zafrani food colour 2 pinch
- Kewra essences few drops
- Boil rice in enough water and 1 teaspoon of salt, drain and keep aside.
- Boil eggs, potatoes and peas and keep aside.
- Fry almonds , raisins and pistachio in little oil till almonds are golden. Keep aside.
- Fry onion in oil till golden , remove 1/2 fried onion and grind.
- Beat 1/2 cup yoghurt add spices,1 teaspoon each of ginger and garlic pastes, grinded fried onion, lemon juice and 1 pinch of zafrani food colour mix well to make a paste.Rub 1 pinch of food colour on whole chicken then coats with prepared masala paste. Keep in a dark and cool place or in refrigerator to marinate for 5-6 hours.
- Take oil and remaining onion in a pan, add 1 teaspoon each of ginger garlic pastes fry for 2 minutes then add tomatoes and yoghurt, 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder , 1/2 teaspoon haldi powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder 1 teaspoon salt and fry for 5 more minutes. Then add boiled eggs, potatoes and peas.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes the add boiled rice. Sprinkle 1 pinch of zafrani food colour and few nuts and kewra essences. and simmer 10 minutes. These rice are ready for stuffing the chicken and serving.
- Now Take marinated Whole Chicken , stuff its cavity with cooked eggs, peas and potatoes , rice and nuts.
- Knot its legs with thread. Place stuffed Chicken (breast is on towards pan face)in a large pan with 1/2 cup oil at bottom.
- Put this pan on a very low simmering heat for 60-90 minutes with lid is tightly intact. Place cloth or paper beneath the lid.
- After 60-90 minutes open the lid evaporate the water on high flame. Carefully remove the tendered chicken from pan.
- Take another pan, add 2 tablespoon oil at bottom and then carefully place the tendered chicken in inverted position (breast at bottom), cook for 5 minute on low heat to get your golden and crusty colour and texture.
- Delicious Murgh Musallam is ready.
- Serve and decorate with nuts, silver foil (Warq Nugra/ Chandi kay Warq), diced boiled eggs, potatoes and prepared zafrani Rice and Mint raita and salad.
- Murgh Musallam can also be served with paratha/ sheermal/taftan and Mint Raita and Salad.