Sabut Masoor Dal is a delicious dal served with boiled rice or roti. Do not soak this dal in water before cooking otherwise it will not tender in time.
- Sabut Masoor Dal 250g (1 Pao)
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Ginger crushed 1 teaspoonful
- Garlic 1 teaspoonful
- Green Chillies 2-3
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Red Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 1
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves 5-6 cloves
- Red Chilli whole 3-4
- Ginger sticks 1 teaspoon
- Take 3-4 glass water in a pan, add dal, ginger, garlic paste, spices and tomatoes and cook on medium flame till dal is tender.
- When tender adjust gravy adding water, and cook for 10 more minutes. Add green chillies and fresh coriander simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now in a frying pan heat oil, add tarka ingredients and fry till golden brown.
- Pour this tarka over prepared dal.
- Delicious Sabut masoor Dal is ready serve with Rice aor Roti.