Punjabi Mathiyan can be sweet or saltish. Sweet Mathian recipe was published last week. Now we are publishing recipe for Namkeen Mathiayan (Saltish Mathiyan).
|Punjabi Saltish Mathiyan|
- Flour (atta) 3-4 cup
- Ghee 1 -2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Baking soda 1 pinch
- Cumin seed whole 1/2 teaspoon
- Water as desired
- Oil for frying
- Add all ingredients to the atta except water.
- Now add water in little portions and knead well to a hard dough.
- Make round patties of 3-4 inch in diameter and biscuit size thickness.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Fry in hot oil on medium flame one by one.
- Delicious Punjabi Namkeen Mathiyan are ready.
- Serve as required or store for future serving.
- These Mathiyan have shelf life of many weeks at room temperature.