Couscous is basically a pasta made with Semolina (Suji) and cooked in steam, served with meat or vegetable stews.
|Couscous with Chicken and Vegetable Stew|
Recipe for Stew for Couscous:
- Chicken Cubes 1/2 kg
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Boiled Chickpea 1 cup
- Peas boiled 1 cup
- Tomatoes chopped 3
- Onion quartered 3
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Carrots (optional)
- Potatoes (optional)
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies chopped for garnish2
- Fresh Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- Fresh Mint leaves for garnish
- Fresh Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chillies cutter 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Star aniseed 1
- Harrisa paste 1-2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger garlic pastes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, chicken and spices and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then cook on medium flame till chicken is tender.
- Now add onion, boiled chickpea, pea, lemon juice and cook for 5 more minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with fresh mint, coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds and remove from flame.
- Delicious Stew for Couscous is ready to serve.
- Couscous 2 cup
- Water 3 cup
- salt to taste
- Boil water with salt.
- Then add couscous wait for 5 minutes then fluff with the help of a fork.
- Couscous is ready.
- Place Couscous in a large plater pour over prepared chicken and vegetable stew.
- Enjoy the taste of North African Cuisine.
- Stew can be prepared with beef, mutton, fish , pulses and other vegetables of your choice.