Patiala is a famous city of Punjab, India. Patiala Shalwar and Patiala Chicken are two most famous items of this city. Murgh Patiala is known for its creamy and nutty flavour and aroma.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Onion chopped 1
- Tomatoes chopped 1
- Oil 1 Cup
- Yoghurt beaten 1 cup
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Cream 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies slitted for garnish 2
- Chahar Magaz 3 teaspoon
- Poppy seeds 2 teaspoon
- Silvered Almond (skin removed and soaked in water) 15
- Raisin 3 teaspoon
- Cashew nut (kajoo) 10
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder 2 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Cardamom green whole 6-8
- Cloves whole 8-10
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Grind together Chahar Magaz and poppy seeds with little water to make a paste.
- Now Fry onion in oil till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and Chahar Magaz and poppy seed paste fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add Yoghurt, Chicken pieces, and all spices and fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Lower the flame and cook on low heat till chicken is tender.
- At this stage add nuts, green chillies and fresh cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Delicious Chicken Patiala is ready.
- Serve with Naan/Roti or fried Rice.