Rangeeli Biryani /Rainbow Biryani is a very very tasty and eye appealing and mouth watering biryani cooked on Birth days or Result days of Kids. My young ones passed their exams and got first position. Their mother cooked Rainbow Biryani for them.
- Rice 1/2 kg
- Chicken 1 kg
- Oil 1 cup
- Yoghurt 1 cup
- Onion chopped 3-4
- Tomatoes chopped 3-4
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies whole 3-4
- Fresh Mint leaves 1/2 cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Ashrafi , 2-3 colours, 1 cup
- Khoya 1/2 cup
- Almonds soaked and peeled 15
- Pistachio, soaked and peeled
- Raisin 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Dried Plum 6
- Cardamom green whole 6
- Cardamom brown whole 2
- Cinnamon sticks 2-3
- Cumin seeds whole 1 teaspoon
- Badiani Phool 1
- Mace petals 3
- Cloves whole 10
- Black pepper whole 1 teaspoon
- Red Food Colour 1 small pinch
- Yellow Food Colour 1 small pinch
- Green Food Colour 1 small pinch
- Blue Food Colour 1 small pinch
- Orange Food Colour 1 small pinch
- Thoroughly wash and soak rice in water for half hour. Wash, drain and keep aside.
- Now take 5-6 glass of water in a pan, add 2 teaspoon salt and soaked rice.
- Cook on medium flame till rice are near to cook.
- Drain and sieve and keep aside.
- Now in a separate large pan fry onion in oil till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry for 2 minutes, then add tomatoes and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Then add yogurt, chicken pieces and spices and fry for another 5 minutes on medium heat with constant stirring.
- Lower the heat and cook till chicken is fully tender, evaporate excess water on high flame.
- Lower the heat to simmering position. Sprinkle fresh mint and coriander leaves on top.
- And on this layer spread all boiled rice.
- Now dissolve colours in little water (1 teaspoon) separately, and spread on rice layer in portions/in different positions/points.
- At top layer spread nuts and ashrafi.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle khoya and remove from heat.
- Delicious Rangeeli Biryani/Rainbow Birayni is ready.
- Mix before serving.
- Serve with raita and salad.