Umm Ali is one of the most famous dessert from Arab world. It is a very nutty and creamy dessert, very sweet and liked by all ages.
|Umm Ali after Baking|
|Umm Ali Before Baking|
- Milk full cream 1/2 litre
- Puff Pastry (Baqar Khani is best suit for Pakistan) 6-8
- Fresh Cream 1-2 cup
- Sugar 3-4 tablespoon
- Icing sugar 1 tablespoon
- Green Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla or rose essences few drops
- Almonds 1 tablespoon
- Pistachio 1 tablespoon
- Pine nuts 1 tablespoon
- Raisin 1 tablespoon
- Coconut sliced 1 tablespoon
- Saffron few threads
- Baking dish round medium size
- Unsalted butter for glazing
- Take milk in a pan, add sugar, essences, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder and boil on medium flame keep aside.
- Now glaze baking tray/dish with unsalted butter, spread broken puff pasties at bottom and spread evenly.
- Pour over boiled milk carefully.
- Sprinkle nuts and saffron over it.
- Then spread fresh cream on top layer. Dusting the top with icing sugar and sprinkle.
- Bake in an pre-heated oven at180-200 degree centigrade for 20-30 minute.
- Delicious Umm Ali is ready.
- Cool and serve.