Chanay Ki Daal Aur Karela is avery very tasty vegetable and Dal dish of Punjab served with Kachi Lassi during hot summers.
|چنّے کی دال اور کریلا|
- Karela /Bitter Gourd 1/2 kg
- Chanay Ki Dal 1 cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 2
- Tomatoes chopped 3
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Soak chana dal for 1-2 hours.
- Then boil in enough water, drain and keep aside.
- Now prepare Karela by shaving outer skin with the help of knife, removing inner seeds and pulp.
- Cut into semi circular rings.
- Apply little salt and keep in sunlight for 20 minutes.
- Wash in running water under tap. Squeeze and keep aside. Karela is now ready to cook.
- Now saute onion in oil.
- Then add ginger garlic paste fry for 1 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spices except garam masala and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add karela and fry for 5-6 minutes, then add boiled chana dal and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium flame till oil separates out.
- Sprinkle garam masala and fresh coriander leaves and simmer.
- Delicious Chnay Ki dal Aur Karela is ready.
- Serve with Roti and Kachi Lassi.