Hyderabadi Khati Dal is a delicious and Tangy Dal.
|Hyderabadi Khati Dal|
- Lal Masoor Dal (red split lentil) 1 cup
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies 3-4
- Tamarind pulp 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Green Coriander leaves for garnish
Tempering (Baghar) Ingredients:
- Oil 1-2 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves sliced 3-4
- Kadhi Patta / Karhi patta 10-12
- Red Chillies whole 4-5
- Cumin seed whole 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds whole 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing 1 pinch
- Thoroughly wash the dal.
- Take 2 glass water in a cooking pan.
- Add washed dal, tomatoes, greed chillies, ginger garlic pastes, tamarind pulp and spices.
- Cook on medium flame till dal is well done.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- For baghar, take oil in a frying oil add garlic cloves , when golden, add other baghar ingredients.
- Wait for few seconds then pour this baghar over prepared dal.
- Delicious Hyderabadi Khatti Dal is ready.
- Serve with boiled rice, pickles and papad.