Dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack. My friend Arif Memon told me regarding this snack. Gola Ganda gali Dhoraji near Times medicos stadium road , you can find shops selling this snack.
- Besan 2 cup
- Suji 2 tablespoon
- Ginger and green chilli paste 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice from 2 lemons
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Eno fruit salt 2 sachets (1 heaped teaspoon)
- Oil 1 teaspoon
- Warm water 1 cup
- Pre-greased cooking pan
- Steamer with stand
- Green Chillies sliced and chopped seedless 3
- Hing a pinch
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Karhi patta few
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Water 2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoon
- Fresh Coraiander leaves
- Grated fresh coconut
- Sieve besan in a bowl.
- Then add suji and sugar , mix well.
- Now add water in portion then add lemon juice and mix well again.
- Leave covered for 15 minutes.
- Then stir well, add haldi, ginger green chilli paste, salt, and 1 teaspoon oil. Mix well.
- Now add Eno fruit salt on top side add 1 teaspoon water to it and mix vigorously in one direction only.
- Then quickly pour in the pre-lubricated cooking pan. tap to settle.
- Now place in a steamer stands contains 1 glass of boiling water.
- Cook on steam for 30-50 minutes.
- Check for completion of the cooking process by inserting knife, if no stickiness on knife the Dhokla is done.
- Shut down the flame. Cool and remove it from cooking pan.
- Cut into pieces and apply tarka.
- Tarka is prepared by heating oil in a frying pan, adding hing and mustard. When mustard pop up adds green chillies, sugar, karhi patta. Fry for few seconds. carefully add water to it fry then pour over prepared and diced Dhokla.
- Delicious Dhokla are ready.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and grated fresh cocnut.
- Serve with Ketchup.