Dalcha is a dish from Hyderabad Deccan, India. Mutton is cooked with pulses and vegetable especially Kaddu (Gourd or Bottle Gourd).
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Kaddu (Gourd) coarsely chopped 1/2 kg
- Dal Channa (Chickpea lentil) 1/2 cup
- Dal Arhar (Tur Dal) 1/2 cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 2
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies chopped 3-4
- Tamarind pulp 2-4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Karhi patta/Kaddi patta 4-6
- Cumin seed whole 1 teaspoon
- Red Chillies whole 4-6
- Garlic cloves chopped 4-5
- Wash and soak channa and tur dal in water for 1 hour.
- Then boil in enough water till tender, drain and keep aside.
- In a pan fry onion till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry for 1 minute then add tomatoes, mutton and spices and fry for 4-5 more minutes.
- Then add 1-2 glass water and cook on medium flame till mutton is tender and oil separates out.
- Now add soaked dal and chopped Kaddu and continue to cook for 5-8 more minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp dissolved in water and sprinkle chopped green chillies.
- Adjust gravy consistency by adding water.
- Then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take 2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan , add chopped garlic fry till golden brown.
- Now add red chillies whole and cumin whole, fry for few seconds then add karhi patta and turn off flame.
- Tarka is ready.
- Pour this prepared tarka on top of the prepared curry.
- Delicious Dalcha is ready.
- Serve with fried Rice/Boiled Rice or Roti and Achar.