Kashmir is located in North of Pakistan, very beautiful , mountainous and rich cultured region. Kashmiri Pualo is one of the most popular rice dish from Kashmir. Fresh fruits and dried fruits are added with or without meat with sweet taste and no chilli but a lot of whole garam masala.
|Kashmiri Pulao کشمیری پلاؤ|
- Rice 1/2 kg
- Boneless chicken cubes 1/2 kg
- Onion chopped 2
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies chopped 3-4
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Fresh Mint leaves for garnish
- Saffron for garnish few thread
- Oil 1 cup
- Salt 2 teaspoon
- Cardamom large 2
- Cardamom small 6
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Cloves whole 8
- Mace 2 petals
- Black pepper whole 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaves 2
- Kashmiri Caraway 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds whole 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Almonds 15
- Pistachio 1 tablespoon
- Wall nuts 3
- Pine nuts 2 teaspoon
- Coconut sliced 1 tablespoon
- Raisin 1 tablespoon
- Kaju 10
- Apple diced 1 cup
- Pomegranate 1 cup
- Peach diced 1 cup
- Thoroughly wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Fry onion in oil till light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for 2 minutes then add spices and chicken cubes. Fry for 3-5 more minutes.
- Then cook on medium flame till Chicken is tender. Add little water if needed during cooking.
- When Chicken is tender add 3 glass water and cook when water boil add soaked rice and continue to cook with constant stirring till rice is near to cook and most of the water is absorbed.
- Lower the flame sprinkle saffron, dried and fresh fruits then green chillies, coriander and mint leaves.
- Tightly close the lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Delicious Kashmiri Pulao is ready.
- Serve hot with salad and mint raita.