South Indian Mixed Vegetable is a very delicious vegetarian dish with pleasant colour and excellent aroma. The spices used are different from Pakistani or North Indian Mixed Vegetable Curries.
|South Indian Mixed Vegetable Curry|
- Cauliflower chopped 2 cup
- Potatoes Chopped 2 cup
- Peas 1/2 cup
- Carrots chopped 2 cup
- Brinjal (Aubergine) chopped 1 cup
- Broad Bean (Sem ki phalli) chopped 1 cup
- Okra small size, trimmed 1 cup
- Onion chopped 2-3
- Tomatoes chopped 2-3
- Garlic chopped 2 teaspoon
- Ginger chopped 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Oil 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder to taste
- Cumin whole 1 teaspoon
- Fennel whole 1 teaspoon
- Kalauji 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seed 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing 1 pinch
- Haldi powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add ginger, garlic , tomatoes and spices, fry for few minutes (2-3).
- Then add vegetables and fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Continue to cook on medium flame till vegetables are cooked.
- Add little water if desired during cooking.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Delicious South Indian Mixed Vegetable Curry is ready.
- Serve with boiled Rice or Roti and Pickles and Chutneys.
- Any seasonal vegetable can be added or replaced.