Afghan Bolani is a delicious bread filled with spinach and potatoes and baked in oil.
- Superfine Flour (white Atta) 1/2 kg
- Cumin seed whole 1 teaspoon
- Kalonji 1 teaspoon
- Knead the dough using water to a soft texture. Keep in dark for 1/2 hour.
- Spinach 1 kg cleaned, trimmed and coarsely chopped 1 kg
- Potatoes chopped 3-4
- Tomato chopped 1
- Onion chopped 1
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Chopped fresh mint 1/2 bunch
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves 1/2 bunch
- Green chillies crushed 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seed 1 teaspoon
- Boil spinach in water, drain and keep aside.
- Saute onion in oil till soft.
- Now add green chillies , ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and spices fry for two minutes.
- Now add boiled spinach and potatoes and fry for few minutes.
- Cook on low flame till potatoes are well cooked.
- Then evaporate much of water on high flame while stirring.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Then add fresh mint and coriander leaves.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Filling for Bolani is ready.
- Now prepared doughnuts from the prepared dough.
- Take one doughnut and flatten on board with the help of roller pin.
- Place a small quantity of prepared filling and fold and seal.
- Bake on tawa applies oil during baking.
- Delicious Afghan Bolani is ready.
- Serve with plain yoghurt or mint yoghurt.