Lahori Chikar Cholay is a very tangy and delicious snake cum breakfast dish.
|Lahori Chikar Cholay|
- Kabuli Cholay (Kabuli Chana/Garbanzo Beans) 250g
- Red lentils (Lal masoor dal) 1 tablespoon
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 2
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chillies flakes 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds whole 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda for soaking 1 teaspoonful
- Thoroughly pick and wash Kabuli cholay, then soak in water for 8 hours adding 1 teaspoonful of baking soda. Wash and drain.
- Boil Kabuli Cholay in enough water till fully tender. Do not drain, retain water.
- Now fry onion in oil till light golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for 1 minute.
- Then add tomatoes fry for 3-4 minutes, add spices fry for few minutes.
- Then add red lentils after washing with water. Add 1 cup water and cook on medium flame till red lentil is done.
- Now add boiled Kabuli cholay and cook on medium flame with slightly mashing the cholay.
- Evaporate most of the water on high flame.
- Garnish with green chillies and green coriander leaves.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Delicious Lahori Chikar Cholay are ready.
- Serve with chopped onion and naan.