Navratan Korma is a Mughlai dish. It suits to those who want a delicious vegetarian dish. Navratan mean nine jewels in persian/urdu. Fruits , vegetables , dry fruits and cheese/milk and yoghurt is used in its preparation.
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion chopped 3
- Tomatoes chopped 3
- Potatoes diced 2
- Cauliflowers diced 2 cup
- Peas 1 cup
- Carrots diced 2
- Bottle gourd diced 1 cup
- Green beans chopped 1 cup
- Almonds soaked and skin removed 15
- Raisin 1 tablespoon
- Kaju 1 tablespoon
- Pine apple cubes 1/2 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Yoghurt beaten 1 cup
- Cottage cheese cubes 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powdewr 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamom small whole 5-6
- Mace 2 petals
- Saute onion in oil till soft.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add spices and vegetables and fruits and dry fruits.
- Cook on slow heat till vegetables are tender.
- Add Yoghurt and Milk and stir .
- Cook for 5-7 more minutes on medium heat till thick.
- Sprinkle cheese cubes and simmer.
- Delicious Navratan Korma is ready.
- Serve with Boiled Rice/Tarka Rice or Taftan/Sheermal.