Sindhi Seyal Murgh is a very delicious and pungent dish. It is eye appealing dish from Sindhi Speaking communities of India and Pakistan.
|Sindhi Seyal Chicken|
- Chicken , cut into pieces 1
- Oil 1 cup
- Yoghurt beaten 1 cup
- Tomatoes chopped 3-4
- Onion chopped 3
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies slited 2-3
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
Spices for Marination:
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamom small whole 6
- Cardamon large whole 2
- Cinnamon sticks whole 2
- Cloves whole 10
- Black pepper whole 10-15
- Bay leaves whole 2
- Mace petals 3
Spices For Simmering
- Caraway whole 1 teaspoon
- Cardamon small powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Take yoghurt in a bowl, add ginger , garlic pastes, and marination spices. Make a paste.
- Coat this paste on chicken pieces by rubbing.
- Keep in a dark place for 2 hours to marinate.
- Now fry onion in oil till golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes fry for few minutes.
- Then add marinated chicken pieces and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then lower the flame and cook on slow heat till chicken is well done (45-90 minutes.)
- Adjust the gravy, evaporate excess water on high flame.
- Then sprinkle cardamom powder, and caraway whole.
- Garnish with green chillies and fresh coriander leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Delicious Sindhi Seyal Murgh is ready.
- Serve with chapati.