Gujarati Dal is a sweet and sour taste dal usually served with boiled rice. Gujrarati people community use it as a staple food. Burns Road Karachi is famous for Gujarati Memoni Dal Chawal. Khatti Meethi Gujarati Dal is a tangy and Delicious dish.
- Tur Dal (Arhar Ki Dal) 100g
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Peanut raw 2 tablespoon
- Ginger crushed 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Lemon Juice 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind pulp 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaggery (Gurr) 2 tablespoon
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Kadhi Patta 10
- Mustard seed 1 teaspoon
- Red Chiilies whole 5
- Cumin seed whole 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cloves 5
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Bay leaves 2
- Boil Tur dal in enough water on low flame till tender, it takes 3-4 hours.
- When dal is fully tender add tomatoes, peanuts, ginger, spices and jaggery.
- Continue to cook for 30 more minutes add some water during cooking.
- Now add lemon juice, tamarind pulp and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Adjust gravy consistency, should be thin, by adding water and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and simmer.
- Now Applying Tadka/Tarka....
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add mustard when pop, add cumin , fenugreek seeds, cloves, cinnamon, bay and kadhi patta leaves, and red chillies.
- After frying for few seconds pour over prepared dal.
- Delicious Gujarati Dal is ready.
- Serve with boiled rice, papad and pickle.