Gulab Jaman is a very popular sweetmeat, liked by all ages. Are you ready to eat....Pick one only....you want two...three.....ok take and enjoy.....every child...asking his/her mother for more.....Child ages from 2 years to 70 years.
- Milk powder full cream 2 Cup
- Maida 2 teaspoon
- Suji 1/2 teaspoon
- Saffron threads a few
- Baking powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg beaten 1
- Ghee/Butter 2 teaspoon
- Khoya 4 teaspoon (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Sugar 2 cup for sugar syrup
- Water 1 cup for sugar syrup
- Rose essences a few drops
- Pistachio chopped for decoration
- Silver foils (Chandi key warq) for decoration (optional)
- In a pan add water and sugar and heat till boil. After few boils turn off flame add rose essences and keep aside this sugar syrup.
- Now add maida, suji, baking powder to the milk powder and mix well. Then add khoya, butter/ghee, egg and saffron threads and mix well to make a thick batter. Make small balls from this batter (malli in urdu). and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a flat bottom pan on low flame, introduce prepared balls and continue to cooking on low flame till colour turns to golden dark brown, stirr balls continuously with the help of a stick or spoon so as balls cooked from all sides.
- Remove cooked balls from oil and introduce in the prepared sugar syrup. The balls will absorb sugar syrup in 2-4 hours and Gulam Jaman will be rady to serve.
- Remove prepared Gulab Jaman is a serving plate or bowl sprinkle chopped pistachio and apply silver foils and serve.