Gajar Ka Halwa is one of the most popular dessert during winter in Pakistan and liked by all age groups.
- Grated Carrot (Kadookash Gajar) 4 kg
- Khoya 250 gram
- Pistachio 50 gram
- Almond (soak in water and remove skin) 50 gram
- Raisin (Kishmish) 25 gram
- Cloves 10 nos.
- Cardamom green 10 nos.
- Mace chopped pieces 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 cup or little more according to your taste
- Butter/Desi ghee 1 cup
- Put grated carrot in a pan and cook on low flame for 6-8 hours till most of the water (80%) is evaporated and volume reduced to less than 1/4 with gradual stirring to avoid sticking to pan.
- Now add sugar, cloves, mace, cardamom green and Desi ghee/butter to it and cook for 10 minutes till sugar dissolved.
- Now sprinkle almond, pistachio, raisin and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- At last sprinkle khoya in pieces and stirr for 1-2 minutes then put of flame.
- Delicious Gajar Ka halwa is ready.
- Serve hot.
- Serving size 1/2 to 1 cup only.